Thursday, October 7, 2010

1 month after Ramadhan

The last Ramadhan was something meaningful, not that it was my last Ramadhan abroad. It taught me a lot of heart-wrenching, yet valuable lesson. I was homeless. The new house that I should had moved into in early September was inhabitable. Doing my revision for extra two examinations with no desk to sit, and no iftar for breaking the fast, and no friends to talk to, were the most depressing moment for me  this year. On my first day as a free-loader in my emptied friend's house, my iftar was a cup of Koka Instant Noodle and I had a piece of chocolate cake before starting my fast the next day. I prayed a lot, for my exam,and for my sanity. Ramadhan this year has truly transformed me to a new man.

One month after Ramadhan
I passed my exam. With miracle and help from Allah. I never finished 30 juzu', which I initially thought of completing after the exam. I didn't even manage to fast 6 days in Syawal. Whatever on earth happened to me? Iman(Faith) can go up and down.By the way, for those who successfully completed the 6 days fast in Syawwal. Congratulations. May Allah grant you the reward of all-year long fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment